Saturday, February 18, 2012

Industry Focused Work

Sorry for the long delay in updates. I'm now focusing my art on industry related designs and skills.
A concept painting of a creepy mansion foyer. Will see photo texture in a future revision, as well as some color (maybe)

A creature design. This was made using a random brush (made from a nudibranch photo) in random patterns, pulling a design out of the detail within the brush strokes. The result, to me, formed this. It is, conceptually, a mixture of sort of a nautilus, a crab and maybe some sort of parasite.



A loose concept with little preparation and research time. Research, sketch and value was maybe about three hours. I need to get faster at this! It's a time traveling goblin assassin. I tried to illustrate this through the Roman pauldron, native American chest guard, commando pants, kusarigama and technological gauntlet. It could have been better, but I'm not mad at it.





A character concept sketch with an alternate costume. Her design is sort of a tribute (in the left, alternate costume), to Jackie Chan in First Strike. The concept for me is that she's a badass ex-con mechanic fist fighter. I would like to develop the character further as I create more fighting game characters.







A loose concept sketch of a bipedal robot. It's maybe a bit too similar to Metal Gear Ray, and is obviously unfinished. May revisit and redesign it at a later date.


I'll try and update this more regularly with industry focused material. If you would like to see any NON game art and design related material, please visit http://fishbowlart.blogspot.com where I will post sketches, designs and thoughts. Future posts on this blog will likely be more concise than this one.









No comments:

Post a Comment