Monday, February 27, 2012

Texture Work and Animation Principles



This is an example of my texturing skill. this is a VERY low poly game model, It's around 2000 tris. It has a specular map, a normal bump map and a standard diffuse map. Maybe the scratches on the side are a bit intense, but they help show off the specularity so I personally think they work. My instructor thought they were too intense, and I could see his point of view. Also notice that the dirty area at the base has much less specularity than other parts of the model.

The model has some edgest that could use some champfering, but it serves it's purpose well enough.



This is an animatic storyboard. Character model sheets, script and scratch track were provided for me by the instructor (I had nothing to do with any of them).



And here is a short animation of Dad lifting a stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment